Dinner, Not Dinner

Ok, so...
TA wanted to make dinner as his kids are over. He's been asking all week and I do want to bond with them and mealtime is pretty essential to human bonding, so I went with it. I explained my dietary restrictions every day this week and hoped he heard. I asked what his daughter liked and we decided on barbecued burgers and veggies. Risking the bleeding, but bonding is important, I accepted his cooking. He used way more oil on the veggies that the body is used to. The propane ran out so I suggested the over but her went out to buy propane so the veggies became oilier and cold (65 degrees or so). I turned on the tv while waiting for him to get back and the internet was disconnected. He apparently was two months behind, but then he found that his daughter disconnected the router when he got back. Meanwhile I am hungry and grumpy.The body did not need this, so I will not come home this hungry again. I did get the burgers seasoned, almost, though no onions and not mixed well, and taken off the grill almost rare enough (no outside light, so darker than the kitchen... must get lights for cooking and cleaning). All in all, tasty, but we did bond a little amidst the anxiety, I think. The body, well, it will recover.

Comments