Not My Holiday

I went to be respectful to the friends who celebrate and to the hostess who puts the feast together, but there was one thing on the table I liked a little and that was not made the way I liked it, not enough cheese in the mac n cheese. But friends do follow traditions and I respected that by consuming waaaay too much starch, carbs, and fats. The turkey and ham was way too dry for my dietary needs and I hope I don't regret it when it comes out (body blog staff). I'm trying not to complain, but I miss having a compatible partner who understands me so I don't have to be such a hypocrite on traditional holidays.

Of course I could have eaten before I went and just nibbled there and stayed away from the desserts. My bad. My very bad. Tomorrow I will try to eat a bit lighter at dinner out with another friend. I love them for many reasons, but it is challenging to stay thin with fat friends. (is laughter rude there if I am laughing at myself?). Alas, being me is so offensive to some people. Hiding me is offensive to me.

I don't want to be self-abusive, so here's the food blog for tonight.

The usual holiday food.

Comments